Originally named Piedmont Station, the tiny town of Delaplane, Virginia, was renamed in 1874 after a former Ohio businessman, W.E. Delaplane, took the reins of a local general store. The Piedmont train station has a place in history because Gen. Stonewall Jackson marched his troops from Winchester to the Piedmont depot. From there, they hey were transported to the first Battle of Manassas. Reportedly, this was the first time a railroad was used to move troops into battle. A few old buildings like this post office and a general store (next photos) remain here.